• Advertisement

MONTECHORO HOTEL

Moderator: cubsur

MONTECHORO HOTEL

Postby marie gray » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi

We are booked to go to Montechoro Hotel in July next Year. Having been to Albufeira a few years ago, and noting that the Montechoro was in a great position and had a good name, I had no hesitation in booking. However, after reading some reviews on another forum, I am now wondering if it had gone down hill dramatically or is it only the negative things that are posted :?:

Anyone with any information on nice places to eat would be really helpful as would any positive remarks (if any!)

Thanks
Marie
Marie
marie gray

Advertisement

Re: MONTECHORO HOTEL

Postby suetaylor » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:53 pm

as far as I am aware the Montechoro Hotel is still a very nice place to stay, however I did hear a few months ago that they were having some staffing problems???maybe due to lack of funds been available to pay wages!!! but think its all sorted out now......when you are so near to the strip the eating places are all your to explore, lots of good ones in and around the strip area..."Com Padres" top end of strip (montechoro end ) in the small courtyard area do a tourist menu, 3 courses with wine or beer around 8euro!!! in the same courtyard is an English Country Garden...good food,nice staff,decent prices....further down the strip on the crossroads nr to the Aldeia hotel...is "Farnels" lovely small Portugese restaurant, good "fish n' chips" and very good steaks!!! very small eating area,gets very busy, but well worth the visit, further up the strip at the top end (Wild + Co) take a left turn here walking about 500yds on your right hand side is "The Happy House" chinese buffet restaurant 8.45e for all you can eat....its really good, prawns,duck,chicken etc etc....very good value for money, again gets very busy, but go early as the food is hot and fresh!!! hope this helps..
suetaylor
Local Expert

Re: MONTECHORO HOTEL

Postby marie gray » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi Sue

Thanks for the info...I seem to remember the courtyard you talk about, I think there was a nice little restaurant called 'The Cottage'? It served lovely home made food and very reasonably priced too. Hope its still there! Albufeira is a lovely place and a holiday is what you make of it so I'm sure we'll have a great time, despite all the negativity posted on another forum.

Thanks again
Marie
marie gray

Return to Albufeira - General chat & Questions