• Advertisement


If your question does not fit into any of the sections then feel free to post it here.


Postby lisa » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:49 pm

I am moving near to Faro in June and have a 12 year old son. We would like him to go to a state school. Do you know if we have to become Portuguese residents?
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:44 pm


Postby Bruxinha » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:20 pm

Yes, Lisa, usually you and your child will need to have a residence certificate to get your child into school and onto the health system etc. This is now a lot easier to obtain. All you need to do is attend your nearest council (Câmara Municipal) with your passports and fiscal nºs and sign a self-declaration. They will then issue you with a 5 year certificate. If you are still in Portugal after 5 years, you can then go to your nearest SEF (Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras) with the certificate, your passport and some photos, and get a 10 year card.
User avatar
Resident Expert
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 6:24 pm

Postby gary osman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:37 pm

lisa does he have a good grasp of the language already?
lagos life
gary osman
Resident Expert
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:51 am
Location: lagos

Return to General Algarve

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest