• Advertisement

transfer booking problem

If your question does not fit into any of the sections then feel free to post it here.

transfer booking problem

Postby jlo » Sat May 31, 2008 2:45 pm

Hi all,
We've booked our transfers from Faro to Alvor and paid via Paypal with a company called Viagensconforto.We used them last year and were impressed with the quality of service,hence we rebooked them.
The problem we've got is that we haven't heard from them since booking,no confirmation or reply.
I've sent three emails requesting confirmation but still nothing.
I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this firm - whether they've closed down or are having problems.Or does anyone have any contact with them.
Any views gratefully received.
cheers,
Jim
jlo

Advertisement

Postby diskwizz » Sat May 31, 2008 7:05 pm

Hate to be the one to tell you this but they have gone bust from what I have heard. You are not the first to pay via paypal and hear nothing.
I know people have complained to paypal but they seem willing to do little about it. I own the above company (algarve365) send me a pm with your details and ill see if I can sort something out for you.
diskwizz
Resident Expert

viagensconforto

Postby cookie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:33 pm

Hi diskwizz,

I too am in the same boat as jlo in that I paid via Paypal in May for a return taxi transfer from Faro airport to the Brisa Sol hotel in Albufeira. The money has gone out of my Paypal account straight away in May but I never received confirmation despite emailing them just like jlo. I began to smell a rat when I rang the phone numbers today that they still publish on their website (in fact their website is still active and showing prices for jjourneys even today). I stumbled across this posting this evening trying to obtain any further info and I would be most grateful if you could offer me any advice on where to go from here. We travel on the 20th July (2 adults and a child aged 11) Many thanks.
cookie

Postby diskwizz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:16 pm

Have answered your PM. For anybody else out there I would just like to let you know that the company Conforto Viagens to my knowledge ceased trading on December 2007. DO NOT send any pre payment to them for bookings.
diskwizz
Resident Expert

Return to General Algarve