• Advertisement

Enquiries Welcome

Enquiries Welcome

Postby diskwizz » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:24 pm

If anybody has any constructive criticism of the site. For example lacking in content or think it needs new catagories adding then feel free to let us know. Our aim is to make the site as easy to navigate as possible and help people see what kind of places are around before they actually arrive.
diskwizz
Resident Expert

Advertisement

Postby ann » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi
My husband and I have booked our holiday in Praia Da Rocha this year (early October). We have never been abroad before despite our ages (grandparents). My daughter has spent several very happy holidays in Portugal and has spoken so highly of it that she has convinced us to overcome the fear of flying and in all, 6 of us will be holidaying together.

We are not very adventurous eaters. I am unable to eat spicy food and my husband will not eat chips or anything with garlic in it. Your cafe sounds as though it could be ideal for us. I would welcome your advice and guidance about how difficult we are going to find it to eat out and what menus, particularly yours, are likely to be available to us.

I hope to hear from you and look forward to maybe seeing you in October.

Thanks
Ann
ann

Postby diskwizz » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:25 pm

Hi Ann, I have moved your post to the Dina's Snack Bar section as I am assuming that it is my cafe you are mentioning.
I certainly dont think you will find a problem finding good places to eat. If you track us down once you get to the resort and introduce yourself I or another member of my family would happily give you a quick tour of the resort and a quick rundown of DO's & DONT's
We only use imported meats so you will find that eating at our place will be ok for you. Bacon Sausage and the tinned Tomato's and Beans are all from the UK.
Dont worry about the garlic and spicy foods, our sign actually reads FUSSY EATERS CATERED FOR
We also cater for young kids too and if they only want a single sausage with a little bit of beans then thats what we will give them and just charge per item rather than force the parents to pay for a full meal.
We even do TETLEY teabags as you will find that the teabags used in Portugal are not very strong, served in Mugs too

All you need to do when you arrive is pick up a copy of a thing called FREEMAPS and look for a pub called Durty Nellys. We are directly opposite that inside the arcade.
If you need any more info at all please dont hesitate to ask.
Thanks for leaving a message, Pete
diskwizz
Resident Expert

Postby ann » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi Pete
Thanks for the reply. All sounds great to me. I will certainly call in to meet you in October and at least have a mug of tea!
Thanks for the advice.
Bye for now
Ann
ann

Postby Shazza34 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:54 am

Hi, my husband and I are visiting you in December 2008 for a few days and I'm wondering how far you are from the Iate Hotel ? and if you can post me any simple directions.

Thank you
Shazza34

Postby diskwizz » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:02 am

Hi Shazza. Really sorry but today was our last day until January. We have had a long season and didnt have a break last year. So this year we have decided to have a good one :o)
Hope you have a really good stay.
diskwizz
Resident Expert

Postby Shazza34 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:08 pm

Sorry to hear you'll be closed when we visit. Enjoy your break.
Shazza34

Return to Praia da Rocha - Bars, Clubs & Restaurants